There are various educational methods in different countries around the world, especially Japan. Let’s talk about Japanese Style Education, how it attracted the world, its evaluation from the world and its advantages.
Japanese-Style Education Attracts the World
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology is implementing a policy of exporting Japanese style education to emerging countries where education systems have not yet been established by 2016.
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and domestic educational institutions collaborate to form a specialized team from public and private sectors in order to spread the Japanese-style educational system abroad.
Just following this, the Egyptian government announced that the Egyptian government will adopt Japanese-style education at its elementary school the following day.
It seems that attention is gaining attention in Japan’s original curriculum, such as the class meeting, as it seems to be an attempt to imitate Japan’s education that takes care of discipline as unstable situations continue.
The Japanese-style education can be categorized as the following school activities.
- Class meeting
- Sports Festival
- Club Activity
- Disaster Prevention Drills
- School Uniforms
- School Lunch
What attracts attention is the curriculum of elementary and secondary education which achieves nearly 100% literacy rate and classes and extracurricular activities nurturing cooperativeness.
In emerging countries, the literacy rate is still low and the educational system has not been established. Education is compulsory and everyone has the opportunity to acquire a certain academic ability, hot eyes are put on Japanese-style education that fosters cooperation and sense of solidarity.
Characteristics of Japanese Style Education
In Japanese-style Education there may not be a certain point of uniformity. Let’s understand Japanese-style Education more and reexamine why it attracts the world.
- Class meeting … Individuals not only speak their own opinions but also discuss with each other to make better conclusions
- Sports Festival … There are competitions that you can unite and enjoy exercising together like gymnastics, swimming, etc. to unite and achieve your goals.
- Club Activities … Forced participation leads to giving every student the opportunity of sports.
- Disaster prevention drills … Take safety measures all at once and let them acquire collective actions such as arranging and evacuating.
- School Uniform … Everyone wears the same clothes to create solidarity and economic disparity.
- School lunch … Eating is also offered cheaply at school, and responsibility is fostered as students share the lunch duty.
In emerging countries, the gap between rich and poor yields educational gaps, and not everyone can receive education. It is also not a curriculum to teach collective behavior and cooperativeness at school.
Countries have their attention on the Japanese Educational Setting in which nurtures students high academic ability in International Tests and their discipline in life.
Abacus: Japanese style Education
There are other things that are drawing attention from emerging countries as Japanese style education. That is Japanese “Reading”, “Writing” and “Abacus Education”.
What has been emphasized in Japanese education since long ago was “reading, writing, Abacus”, that is, the basic academic ability, a national language and mathematics.
It is a traditional Japanese-style education to raise language ability and computing ability, even in modern elementary schools where personal computers are popular, classes of abacus are still being done alongside personal computer lessons.
It is said that Abacus is an excellent teaching material to understand the concept of numbers. It is a training to develop the brain by using our fingers and mental arithmetic trains our computing power.
In fact, Abacus lessons are gaining popularity in Vietnam and the Middle East Area, wherein many students attend lessons.
Abacus is not only the lesson you learn in Abacus classroom, you can also learn cooperativeness and discipline just like in regular school as you learn by working hard together with your classmates.
One type of Japanese-style education that is gaining much attention now, Abacus. It is an excellent lesson for your child to train his basic academic abilities and nurture cooperation. Why not try this type of Japanese-style Education that’s attracting the world?
Latest posts by Pau (see all)
- 5 Essential Traits / Skills Learned Through Abacus Education - February 8, 2018
- Experience Teaches Students to Grow and Wonder More - January 16, 2018
- IPPO Celebrates Christmas Party 2017 - December 22, 2017